Monday, April 16, 2012


'When' (April 16, 2012)
By Allan Thomasson

When I was a 'wayward soul',
This flesh of mine was pleased.
I took to all the pleasures then,
And lived the life of ease.

I had a personality,
And character as well.
I knew that if I kept it up,
I would wind up in hell.

But day by day, and week by week,
My goal in life was 'fun'.
I worked real hard then to fit in,
With almost everyonne.

But in my mind, I soon would find
That 'life' ain't everything.
I heard there was another way
That real true joy would bring.

I feared the hell that I might face,
Thus living wayward then,
So I believed in Jesus Christ.
He made me whole again.

When in my younger years, I knew
No sin, in innocence
Had kept me safe from sin and shame,
And that was my defense.

But now I knew that I had sinned,
And could not make it right;
For by myself alone, I'm lost
In sin, both day and night.

The only way back to my God
Was Jesus Christ, my Lord.
He lived the righteous life on earth,
According to God's word.

Then, in that sinless body He
Endured that cruel cross,
That everyone who would believe
Would never suffer loss.

I'm glad my Savior came to me,
And bid me, 'Let Me in.',
For, in the moment When I did,
He saved me from my sin.

Have you believed in Christ, the Son
Of the One Almighty God?
If not, you must, while on the earth,
Ere you lie beneath the sod.

He lived for us, and died for us,
That where He is, we'll be.
Yes, Jesus died for everyone,
For 'them', and you, and me.

And When this life on earth is o'er,
And time shall be no more,
Eternally, both you and me
Are saved for evermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment